Extensive coverage of the curriculum for the Foundation Stage
Bring fun and excitement to your Early Years class with All Day to Play! Three titles, ‘Literacy’, ‘Maths’ and ‘World’, give you a complete range of engaging activities matched to the Early Learning Goals, so you have everything you need to teach at hand. With over 100 activities available, such as this ‘silly rhymes’ game to enhance literacy skills, it’s easy to capture children’s imagination.
- The All Day to Play suite consists of a range of tools and activities for use as a whole class teaching resource and for individual or group use.
- Because everything is covered, if you want to teach phonics, handwriting and CVC blends, there’s no need to switch between different literacy software – it’s all part of the same resource.
Well-organised resources for whatever you’re teaching
Each of the three resources contains a wealth of activities arranged in easy to navigate sections, like the ‘Counting’ menu for the ‘Maths’ product shown here. Designed to make selecting the right material really simple, the menu gives you everything you need in logically ordered sections, with everything in one easily accessible place.
- Each activity is matched to the Early Learning Goals and Stepping Stones and the Foundation Profile providing an easy guide for planning and assessment.
- Clear teacher’s notes list the objectives covered by each activity to help you with selecting the right material.
Time saving and ready-to-teach
The All Day to Play resources save you time because they are ready-to-teach and include a wide variety of exciting materials. As well as saving you preparation time, this engaging activity in the ‘World’ product engages children in problem-solving activities, encouraging them to use and apply their knowledge of their environment in a practical situation.
- A wide range of modelling activities extend children’s own real-world play and encourage them to explore the world around them.
- Continue the games away from the whiteboard with the printable and photocopiable resources provided.
The potential of your interactive whiteboard is fully exploited with the All Day to Play software. Each product is packed with animations and audio, engaging the children in each activity and reinforcing learning. Children love singing along to the animated alphabet song, and it supports letter recognition and phonic work.
- The colourful, creative animations appeal to children and the animated songs include actions to aid learning and provide a fun context.
- There are hundreds of audio files throughout the product, highlighting key points and engaging auditory learners.
A wealth of exciting ideas
The wide range of exciting activities lets you cover the requirements of the Early Years curriculum with great variety. Whether it’s listening to the clues in the Guess My Shape activity or challenging children to use their problem solving skills in the Guess My Number Game, you and your class will enjoy All Day to Play.
- Using the story of The Three Little Pigs children are asked to make predictions based on their knowledge of materials.
- Several open-ended tools are also included, like a flexible 100 Square activity in Maths, which lets you set problem solving and investigation challenges.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
All Day to Play is really easy to use with help always available, and is very flexible. All the activities are ideal for dipping into, for example for whole-class phonic work or group and individual counting practice, or as structured play activities. You’re in complete control of how you use the resources.
- Need an introductory activity, a group activity and a plenary for your maths work? Don’t worry, all these and more are available all in one handy place in All Day to Play ‘Maths’.
- Different levels of difficulty allow you to choose the correct level for your children and provide progression, all within the same piece of software.
Additional teaching support
The software is accompanied by a wealth of extra resources to enhance your teaching. Flashcards, worksheets, colouring sheets, make and do activities, writing frames and reference material: you’ve got everything you need to teach in one resource. Below is a example from the ‘phonics fans’ additional resource.
- The resources can be printed out for children to make their own activities and games and are photocopiable.
- The supporting notes include handy references to the statements from the Foundation Profile document to assist assessment.
Engaging summary material
Because the activities in All Day to Play are so flexible, you’ve access to a great range of activities which can be used to consolidate learning and round up each session. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks resources contain everything you need to comprehensively cover a topic from start to finish.
- Choose from the wide selection of games available to give children a fun summary to a lesson, whilst reinforcing their learning.
- It’s so easy to use, you’ll find the children are soon able to find what they want for themselves. The accessibility of All Day to Play encourages children’s independence and child-focussed learning.