BTEC First Health & Social Care£499 Buy Now
Extensive coverage of the core units for the BTEC First qualification
Help students gain a thorough grounding in the Health and Social Care sector with comprehensive and varied teaching material, like this interactive activity which asks students to name the different stages of the communication cycle. With hundreds of slides in total, Boardworks has Edexcel’s BTEC First Health and Social Care covered.
- Comprises 33 presentations of comprehensive teaching material divided into four core units: Communication in Health and Social Care; Individual Rights in Health and Social Care; Individual Needs in Health and Social Care; and Ensuring Safe Environments in Health and Social Care.
- The product offers coverage of the 2010 specifications.
Well-organised resources for whatever you’re teaching
Boardworks lessons are coherently structured and enhanced by a wealth of material to stimulate and inspire your students, such as the interactive glossaries covering key terms at the end of each presentation. Throughout the product, the interactive menu system allows ease of navigability, while chapter slides clearly list the main learning outcomes for each section.
- Colourful illustrations, informative photographs and clear diagrams supplement key facts and aid overall understanding.
- Real-life social care examples set learning in context.
- Activities are clearly marked and all assignments have grading criteria for achieving pass, merit and distinction.
Time saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks BTEC First Health and Social Care lessons are ready-to-teach, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. This dynamic sorting activity helps students understand the concept behind Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
- Motivate your students with original interactive projects and fun games.
- Break down difficult concepts in an easy-to-recall way with step-by-step animations.
- Place learning in context with detailed workplace role-play activities.
Embrace the interactive potential of your whiteboard and explore BTEC First Health and Social Care in a unique, engaging and stimulating way. This step-by-step animation introduces students to British Sign Language (BSL) and how it can be used to communicate with those who are deaf or have difficulty in speaking and hearing.
- Inspire your students with detailed animations and interactive activities.
- Encourage class discussion and debate using true-or-false activities and drag-and-drop exercises.
- Approximately one in three slides is enriched with interactive content.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Encourage class participation and understanding of the health and social care sector with visually appealing and fully interactive activities. This voting activity about how socio-economic factors affect health and social care will involve every student and inspire class discussion.
- Interactive activities simulate workplace scenarios and complement the vocational nature of the course.
- Positively reinforce your students’ understanding of important facts and theories with stimulating games, powerful picture-based tasks, and thought-provoking activities.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
With Boardworks BTEC First Health and Social Care, you can easily tailor the resources to the needs of your students. This interactive drag-and-drop quiz can be used in a number of ways – as an introduction to the topic of the NHS plan, to stimulate a class debate, or as part of a revision exercise.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Presentations can be added to and enhanced with your own ideas and resources.
- Exercises and activities can be used flexibly to support your own teaching methods and meet the different abilities and learning needs of your students.
Additional teaching support
Boardworks presentations are complemented by integral support resources to enhance your lessons in a multitude of ways. The product is accompanied by an additional presentation, How to get the most out of your BTEC, which is packed with activities to help students adjust to the demands of studying for the BTEC First qualification.
- Detailed teacher’s notes provide suggested answers to questions posed, relevant web links and ideas for extension activities.
- Presentations are clearly mapped to the official grading criteria and relevant key skills clearly highlighted.
Engaging summary material
Round up your lessons with interesting and varied plenaries, like this practice assignment activity, which places learning in context. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks resources contain everything you need to comprehensively cover a subject from start to finish.
- Motivational summary material tests your students’ knowledge and understanding.
- End-of-topic plenaries, such as multiple choice exercises and evaluative games, cover the entire content of the course.
- Each unit includes a set of practice assignment activities, which are easily adaptable and marked with grading criteria.