GCSE Additional Science£1,099 Buy Now
Total coverage of the curriculum for GCSE Additional Science
Explore GCSE Additional Science with comprehensive and varied teaching material, including this innovative simulation about an AC generator. With over 2,000 slides in total, Boardworks GCSE Additional Science gives you everything you need to teach the new 2011 specifications.
- Complete coverage of GCSE Additional Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Written to complement the Boardworks GCSE Science product.
- Designed expressly to cover the Controlled Assessment and the 'How Science Works' elements of the new GCSE specification.
- The resources are also mapped to the Cambridge and Edexcel IGCSE (Double Award) specifications.
Well-organised resources for whatever you’re teaching
All presentations are logically structured and enhanced by a wide range of material to ensure you get the most out of your lessons. The interactive menu system allows you to browse the resources by specification or by topic, making it easy to find and select the material you want to teach with.
- Typical slides combine the main teaching points, clearly conveyed, with informative illustrative material.
- Detailed virtual experiments and simulations clarify scientific concepts.
Time saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons are ready-to-teach and contain a wide variety of resources, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. Fun animations, like this one about designing an experiment, which covers 'How Science Works' skills, can help explain complex processes and theories in an appealing and informative way.
- Attention-grabbing animations enhance lessons and motivate your students.
- Interesting and varied activities clarify difficult concepts and allow students to gain a deeper understanding of important scientific ideas.
Embrace the interactive potential of your whiteboard and explore the concepts of GCSE Additional Science in a unique, appealing and stimulating way. For example, get your class to use the chromosome bank to show what happens during mitosis with this exciting activity.
- Use your whiteboard technology to demonstrate important processes in a unique, thorough and fully engaging way.
- Inspire your students to take science further with stimulating games, interactive graphs and thoughtful animations.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Present important scientific ideas and theories in a visually appealing and easily recalled way. For example, this interactive experiment allows students to experiment with how reactive alkali metals are with water, without the need for so much as safety goggles!
- Support and enhance practical lessons with thought-provoking virtual experiments and animations.
- Simplify complex scientific theories with interactive diagrams and step-by-step simulations.
- Encourage class discussion of topical, science-based issues using voting charts, true-or-false exercises and opinion panel activities.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
With Boardworks GCSE Additional Science, you can easily tailor the resources to the needs of your students. You can choose whether to show or hide the labels on this micrograph, and move the slider to reveal a sketch of the real leaf.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Presentations can be added to and enhanced with your own ideas and resources.
- Activities can be used flexibly, both to support your own teaching methods and meet the different learning needs of your students.
Additional teaching support
Boardworks presentations contain numerous additional features to enhance your lessons in a multitude of ways. For example, this interactive glossary listing key terms covered in the presentation is perfect for revision purposes.
- The comprehensive interactive menu system makes it straightforward to find and select the material you want to teach, by topic or by specification, and easily incorporate it into your lesson structure.
- A wealth of supplementary worksheets accompany the product, which are great for homework or for extension activities.
- Detailed speaker’s notes accompany the lessons and contain useful tips, both for presenting the material on the slides, and for extension activities.
Engaging summary material
Round up your lessons with engaging summary activities. This interactive multiple-choice activity, for example, can be used to assess students’ understanding of palisade cells. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks resources contain everything you need to comprehensively cover a subject from start to finish.
- Motivating summary material helps students to master the subject and facilitates revision.
- Multiple-choice quizzes and evaluative exercises cover the entire content of the course.
- Voting and opinion poll activities explore pertinent issues and encourage discussion and debate.