IGCSE Science£2,499 Buy Now
Total coverage of the curriculum for IGCSE Science
Boardworks offers a wealth of material to help you teach every aspect of IGCSE Triple Science, such as this step-by-step animation about fertilization. With almost 7,000 slides of material, Boardworks IGCSE Science gives you everything you need to teach the IGCSE specifications.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of Edexcel and Cambridge Triple Award IGCSE Science across Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Designed expressly to focus on the ‘How Science Works’ elements of the IGCSE specifications.
Well-organised resources for whatever you’re teaching
All presentations are logically structured and enhanced by a wide range of material to ensure you get the most out of your lessons. The interactive menu system allows you to browse the resources by specification or by topic, making it easy to find and select material you want to teach with.
- Typical slides combine the main teaching points, clearly conveyed, with informative illustrative material.
- Detailed virtual experiments and simulations clarify scientific concepts
Time saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons are ready-to-teach and contain a wide variety of resources, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. Exciting activities, like this one about relative speeds and relative motion, help explain complex processes and theories in a fun yet informative way.
- Interesting and varied interactives enhance lessons and motivate your students.
- Accurate diagrams and topical illustrations supplement key facts and aid overall understanding of the subject.
Embrace the interactive potential of your whiteboard and explore science in a unique, engaging and stimulating way. This visually-appealing interactive activity on images produced by a concave lens makes a great whole-class activity, encouraging debate and discussion at each point.
- The resources contain a wealth of material focusing on 'How Science Works' skills, with useful icons to indicate where this material is covered.
- Worksheets accompany presentations to encourage students to apply their learning.
- Use your whiteboard technology to facilitate class discussion and encourage and focus lively debates.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Present important scientific ideas and theories in a visually appealing and easily recalled way. Clearly explain how different alkali metals react with water, for example, by using this exciting virtual experiment without the need for so much as safety goggles!
- Support and enhance practical lessons with thought-provoking virtual experiments and animations.
- Simplify complex scientific theories with interactive diagrams and step-by-step simulations.
- Demonstrate dynamic processes in a unique, thorough and easily understood manner.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
With Boardworks IGCSE Triple Science, you can easily tailor the resources to the needs of your students. This engaging virtual experiment about the Van de Graaff generator can be incorporated into lessons as required: as a precursor to running a practical in the lab, for example, or for revision purposes.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Presentations can be added to and enhanced with your own ideas and resources
- Activities can be used flexibly, both to support your own teaching methods and to meet the different learning needs of your students.
Additional teaching support
Boardworks presentations contain numerous additional features which can enhance your lessons in a multitude of ways. For example, the wealth of worksheets in the resources, which accompany each presentation, are great for homework or for extension activities.
- 125 editable worksheets provide extra teaching material.
- A comprehensive interactive menu system makes it straightforward to find and select the material you want to teach, by topic or by specification, and easily incorporate it into your lesson structure.
- Detailed contents guides are great for lesson planning.
Engaging summary material
Round up your lessons with engaging summary activities. For example, use this fill-the-gap activity about osmosis processes to review the key facts covered in the Osmosis topic. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks resources contain everything you need to comprehensively cover a subject from start to finish.
- Motivating summary material helps students to master the subject and facilitates revision.
- Multiple-choice quizzes and evaluative exercises cover the entire content of the course.
- Voting and opinion poll activities explore pertinent issues and encourage discussion and debate.