KS1 Science£299 Buy Now
Extensive coverage of the curriculum for KS1 science
Explore KS1 science with comprehensive and varied teaching material, like this brightly-coloured slide which explores the topic of healthy eating and living. With over 300 slides in total, Boardworks KS1 Science contains everything you need to make your science lessons for years 1 and 2 even more fun and engaging.
- With 6 presentations for each year group, Boardworks KS1 Science is mapped to the QCA KS1 Science Scheme of Work.
- Explore KS1 science in detail with captivating songs, fun illustrations and animated stories.
Well-organised resources for whatever you’re teaching
All lessons are coherently and logically structured to facilitate quick access to the most appropriate and inspiring material. Each unit is organised into four main sections, each split into lesson-sized chunks, with corresponding learning objectives clearly laid out for easy reference.
- Clear teacher’s notes list the key learning objectives covered by each presentation to help you select the right material.
- Slides combine the main points for teaching, clearly conveyed, with informative illustrative activities.
Easy-to-use and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons are fully prepared and contain a wide variety of resources, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. All the activities are ideal for dipping into, like this slide which introduces pupils to block graphs as a form of representing data.
- A simple one-click navigation system allows you to always find the resources you need quickly and easily.
- Use the varied activities as you wish: as an introduction, a test or to teach the key concepts to individuals, groups or the whole class.
Flexible, customisable resources
All the lessons are fully flexible and can be easily tailored to the needs of your pupils. Children follow Fuzz the dog in this activity as he discovers the wildlife in his garden. Activities like this can easily be adapted for pupils with varying levels of ability, as the teacher can control the pace of the lesson.
- Boardworks KS1 Science presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Audio clips can be paused or replayed, and written phrases revealed or hidden, so you can move at a pace that’s right for you and your class.
- The customisable resources give you the freedom to be as creative as you wish while remaining confident that all learning objectives are covered.
Embrace the interactive potential of your whiteboard and explore KS1 science in a unique and stimulating way. Packed with dozens of interactive Flash activities, Boardworks engages children and reinforces their learning. This exercise tests children’s knowledge through appealing cartoons and interactive elements, encouraging whole-class involvement.
- Engaging animated characters lead children through fun, visually appealing activities.
- Fun songs, photographs, animations and quizzes throughout the product bring KS1 science lessons to life.
A wealth of exciting ideas
The wealth of material helps you make each of your KS1 science lessons varied and engaging. Encourage class participation and understanding of key scientific concepts with colourful and exciting activities. In this slide pupils listen to Ella sing and investigate how her throat moves and changes with the sounds she makes.
- Authentic photos and visually-appealing characters grab pupils’ attention
- In the Sound and Hearing presentation, audio-enhanced slides help you explain real-life sounds.
- Each presentation is created for a specific year group, so you can be confident that the stories, scientific explanations and activities are suitable for your class.
Additional teaching support
Boardworks KS1 Science is complemented by numerous additional resources to enhance your lessons and provide complete teacher support . Interactive menu systems link supporting documents for each unit and clearly highlight the learning objectives covered.
- Not an ICT specialist? Don’t worry, technical help is at hand with the Getting Started guide available on the front end.
- Tables and charts from the presentations are included as blank versions for your use.
- Detailed teacher’s notes accompany each presentation, offering assistance and ideas for extension work.
Engaging and comprehensive from start to finish
Round up your lessons with interesting and varied plenaries, like this drag and drop exercise which encourages pupils to test their knowledge by separating images of medicine and sweets. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks resources contain everything you need to comprehensively cover science at KS1.
- Packed with animated stories, rhymes, quizzes and virtual experiments, Boardworks KS1 Science engages and excites pupils.
- With extensive coverage of the KS1 science curriculum and opportunities to review, practise, consolidate and test learning, teachers can feel confident that they are teaching the right material in a way that is both fun and informative.