KS3+KS4 Art & Design£899 Buy Now
Extensive coverage of the curriculum for KS3 & KS4 Art & Design
Explore Art & Design at KS3 and KS4 with comprehensive and varied teaching material. With clear and interactive menus, it's easy to navigate the products and find relevant resources.
- KS3 Art & Design comprises nine themed units, with two additional presentations covering the skills of analysing and evaluating work, and how to create good sketchbooks and e-portfolios. It is closely mapped to the KS3 Art & Design Programme of Study.
- KS4 Art & Design comprises six units and offers extensive coverage of the Programme of Study. It is mapped to the GCSE specifications and the BTEC First Art & Design qualification.
Well-organised resources for whatever you’re teaching
All presentations are coherently structured and enhanced by a wealth of material to help you get the most out of your lessons. Typical slides, like this one explaining how to draw eyes, combine the main points for teaching, clearly conveyed, with informative illustrative examples and constructive advice.
- Clearly defined learning objectives or contents slides at the beginning of every presentation enable you to convey the aims of each lesson in a straightforward way.
- Informative studies of well-known artists and their techniques stimulate and inspire.
- Useful illustrations, relevant photographs and examples of student artwork aid understanding of key themes and skills.
Time saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons come fully prepared with a wide variety of teaching materials, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. For example, this interactive sketchbook contains buttons that reveal additional information when pressed, allowing you to show how the featured artworks were made.
- Wide-ranging content supports core learning objectives, ignites student interest and creates varied, engaging and inspirational lessons.
- Innovative interactives and attention-grabbing audio clips represent ready-made resources to stimulate your students.
Embrace the technological potential of your whiteboard by engaging your class in inspiringly interactive lessons. This dynamic activity, for example, teaches students about the concept of negative space by creating an interactive illustration.
- Supplement your teaching with exciting activities that allow students to explore and practise skills before applying them in their practical work.
- Explore and explain the fundamentals of Art & Design using a variety of powerful animations and step-by-step simulations.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Explore art in more depth and build your students’ core skill base with innovative and attention-grabbing interactives. This William Morris-inspired activity, for example, enables students to create their own repeating pattern using similar techniques to the artist.
- Introduce important artistic movements and the lives and works of influential artists with informative timelines and dynamic demonstrations.
- Nurture your students’ artistic imaginations with stimulating games, appealing, illustration-based exercises and dynamic picture tasks.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
Boardworks Art & Design is straightforward to use and can be completely tailored to the requirements of your class. This slide about cross sections can be used flexibly as required – keep it as it is, adapt it to include examples of your own students’ work, or amend the task so it is more suited to your lesson plan.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Presentations can be added to and enhanced with your own ideas and resources.
- Activities can be used flexibly to support your own teaching methods and perfectly fit the abilities of your students.
Additional teaching support
Boardworks presentations are accompanied by numerous additional resources, which can enhance your lessons in a multitude of ways. The interactive menu system, for example, makes it simple to find and select the material you want to teach, and easily incorporate it into your lesson structure.
- Detailed contents documents serve as handy reference guides and are great for lesson planning.
- The useful mapping grids help you locate the material you require for your lessons with speed and ease.
- Separate image libraries for each unit contain high quality photos and illustrations, which provide inspiration for students and help you to set extension work.
Engaging summary material
Round up lessons and projects with engaging evaluative material. The Evaluation and Analysis presentation in KS3 offers essential advice for students on how they can effectively appraise their work. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks resources contain everything you need to cover a topic from start to finish.
- Innovative review material covers the entire content of the course and helps students successfully focus their learning.
- Varied review activities throughout the presentations include printable glossaries, vocabulary recaps and practical tasks.