KS3+KS4 History£749 Buy Now
Extensive coverage of the curriculum for KS3 and KS4 History
Bring history to life with comprehensive and varied teaching material. With over 2,200 slides across 205 presentations, Boardworks History has it covered, whichever period you’re teaching.
- KS3 History (61 presentations) comprises: Britain 1066–1500; 1500–1750; and 1750–1900.
- The updated KS4 History product comprises: 20th Century International Relations; Nazi Germany; and USA 1919–1941.
- Boardworks KS4 History provides comprehensive coverage for AQA, OCR and Edexcel specifications for Germany 1919–1945, USA 1919–1941, and 20th century international relations, from the origins of World War I to the end of the Cold War.
- KS4 History consists of 144 bite-sized presentations (comprising over 1,200 slides) so you can find the information you need quickly.
Well-organised resources for whatever you’re teaching
All presentations are logically structured and enhanced by a wealth of material to ensure you get the most out of your lessons. Editable slides, like this one on why war broke out in 1939, combine the main points for teaching with relevant illustrative material.
- Detailed, printable contents documents serve as handy reference guides and help you to organise your lessons with speed and ease.
- Clearly defined learning objectives at the beginning of every presentation enable you to convey the aims of each lesson to your class in a straightforward way.
- You can choose to buy any of the units in KS3 or KS4 separately or buy them as a bundle.
Time saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons are ready-to-teach and contain a wide variety of resources, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. Step-by-step animations, like this audio-enhanced medieval castle activity, sustain the interest of your students by explaining key ideas in a fun yet informative way.
- Attention-grabbing starters motivate your class and enrich their understanding of important topics.
- Interesting case studies and relevant source-based material help simplify difficult historical concepts.
Embrace the interactive potential of your whiteboard and explore the past in a unique, engaging and stimulating way. This activity can be used to explore what happened to the main Nazi leaders after the war and helps develop students' historical skills.
- Inspire your students with detailed animations, simulations, timelines and maps.
- Encourage class discussion and debate using voting charts, interviews, true-or-false exercises and drag-and-drop activities.
- Nearly 600 interactive slides are embedded throughout the lessons.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Introduce your class to key historical ideas in a visually appealing and fully interactive way. This engaging activity enables you to explore what people living in Tudor London did for entertainment.
- Important historical theories, concepts and events are presented in ways which are easy to understand and simple to recall.
- Interactive activities make use of original illustrations, photographs, portraits and primary sources to help underpin learning.
- Exciting audio clips create variety and interest in lessons and help bring key historical sources, such as important speeches and significant events to life.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
With Boardworks History, you can easily tailor the lessons to the needs of your students. This drag-and-drop activity can be used in a number of ways – as an introduction to the topic of the Civil War, to stimulate a class debate, or as part of a revision exercise.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Presentations can be added to and enhanced with your own ideas and resources.
- Exercises and activities can be used flexibly to support your own teaching methods and perfectly fit the abilities of your students.
Additional teaching support
Information-packed additional resources accompany many presentations and complement and enhance lessons in a multitude of ways. Printable worksheets underpin learning and allow students to work independently on a subject.
- Sample exam questions aid revision and ensure students are challenged at an appropriate level.
- 40 editable worksheets accompany KS4 History and 37 accompany KS3 History.
- An extensive glossary accompanies the US unit of KS4 History.
Engaging summary material
Conclude your lessons with motivational summary activities. For example, use this fun quiz to review mass production. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks resources contain everything you need to comprehensively cover a topic from start to finish.
- Innovative review material helps students to master each topic and facilitates revision.
- End-of-topic quizzes, multiple choice plenaries and evaluative games test students’ knowledge and overall understanding of the subject.