KS3+KS4 Music£999 Buy Now
Extensive coverage of the curriculum for KS3 and KS4 Music
Explore every element of KS3+KS4 Music with comprehensive and varied teaching material. This dynamic musical score, for example, allows you to easily demonstrate the principles of ternary form to your class. With over 900 slides in total, Boardworks Music contains everything you need for your lessons, whatever your teaching style.
- KS3 Music comprises 15 fully interactive units which support the teaching of the KS3 Programme of Study.
- KS4 Music is mapped to the GCSE specifications and the BTEC First qualification. It comprises seven in-depth units.
- Three revision presentations in KS4 Music cover the core skills of composing, performing, and listening and appraising.
Well-organised resources for whatever you’re teaching
All presentations are coherently structured and enhanced by a wealth of material to help you get the most out of your lessons. Typical slides, like this one about metres, combine the main points for teaching, comprehensibly conveyed, with attention-grabbing illustrations and relevant audio clips.
- Clearly defined learning objectives at the beginning of every presentation enable you to convey the aims of each lesson in a straightforward way.
- Music theory is supported throughout the product with examples from musical scores, which supplement understanding of key principles and concepts.
Time saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons come fully prepared with a wide variety of teaching materials, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. This step-by-step animation with audio of the note systems for raga performances helps you explain the basic principles of Indian music with ease.
- Wide-ranging content supports core learning objectives, ignites interest, and creates varied, engaging and inspirational lessons.
- Innovative interactives and attention-grabbing audio clips represent ready-to-use resources which stimulate your students and hone their listening, composing and performing abilities.
Embrace the technological potential of your whiteboard and engage your class in inspiringly interactive lessons. This fully interactive guitar effects pedal enables students to explore the differences between certain effects and encourages them to work closely with music technology.
- Supplement your teaching with exciting activities that encourage class participation.
- Explore and explain the fundamentals of musical theory and performance using a variety of appealing animations and powerful demonstrations.
- One in three slides is enriched with interactive content.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Encourage overall comprehension of important topics with attention-grabbing interactives, visually engaging illustrations and creative extension activities. This whole-class extension task, for example, allows your students to use what they have previously learned about music technology and the components and structure of popular song to form their own Britpop bands.
- Present important facts about famous composers, musicians and musical genres with fun games and innovative practical activities which are easily relatable and simple to recall.
- Expand your students’ knowledge of complex musical techniques and familiarise them with music technology with varied and exciting exercises designed to build core skills.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
Boardworks Music is straightforward to use and can be completely tailored to the needs of your class. This listening task, for instance, can be used flexibly as required; to explain the meaning of solo and tutti to your students, or to explore the dialogue of Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons in more depth.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Presentations can be added to and enhanced with your own ideas and resources.
- Exercises and activities can be adapted as needed to support your own teaching methods and perfectly fit the abilities of your students.
Additional teaching support
Boardworks presentations are accompanied by numerous additional resources which can enhance your lessons in a multitude of ways. The interactive keyboard is featured in many of the presentations and can be used to demonstrate important musical ideas before allowing students to practise for themselves.
- Comprehensive contents documents and detailed speaker’s notes serve as handy reference guides and are great for lesson planning.
- Editable and printable worksheets provide opportunities for extension work and allow students to work at their own pace.
- Hundreds of embedded audio clips aid overall comprehension.
Engaging summary material
Round up lessons with engaging evaluative material. This interactive linking activity with embedded audio is an ideal way to ensure your class are able to recognise different baroque dances. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks resources contain everything you need to extensively cover a topic from start to finish.
- Innovative review material covers the entire content of the course and helps students successfully focus their learning.
- Engaging plenaries and concise key points summaries feature at the end of every presentation and represent invaluable aids for reference and revision.