KS3+KS4 Religious Studies£899 Buy Now
Extensive coverage of the curriculum for KS3 and KS4 RS
Explore religious education at KS3 and KS4 with comprehensive and varied teaching material. Dynamic interactive pictures are ideal for presenting important information clearly and succinctly: here, the main features of a Hindu mandir are explained in a way which is easy to digest and simple to recall. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks gives you everything you need for your RS lessons.
- KS3 RS contains 30 presentations in total, offering coverage of the KS3 Programme of Study.
- KS4 Religious Studies provides coverage of Christianity and Islam and fulfills the GCSE specifications for OCR, Edexcel and AQA.
Well-organised resources for whatever you’re teaching
All presentations are logically structured and contain a wealth of material to help you get the most out of your lessons. Typical slides, like this one discussing justice, combine the main points for teaching, clearly conveyed, with informative examples, attractive illustrative material and thought-provoking questions.
- Clearly defined learning objectives at the beginning of every presentation enable you to convey the aims of each lesson to your class in a straightforward way.
- Colourful illustrations, relevant photographs, engaging characters and extracts from key religious texts supplement learning and create variety and interest in lessons.
Time saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons are fully prepared with a wide variety of resources, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. This appealing, step-by-step animation, for example, contains everything you need to explain Jewish funeral customs to your class, as well as thought-provoking questions which encourage further consideration of the topic.
- Interesting and wide-ranging content supports core learning objectives and enriches students’ overall understanding of different religions and appreciation of moral issues.
- Attention-grabbing interactives motivate and inspire your class and help simplify difficult concepts.
Embrace the technological potential of your whiteboard by engaging your students in inspiringly interactive lessons. Colourful adjustable graphs and pie charts, for example, encourage students to consider key questions and provide the stimulus and inspiration for class discussions.
- Promote understanding and empathy using a variety of powerful and dynamic activities.
- Spark class debates around controversial topics with voting charts, true-or-false tasks and activities which help gauge students’ opinions.
- Approximately one slide in four is enriched with interactive content.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Explore RS in an interesting and stimulating way. Attractive interactive tasks, such as this appealing drag-and-drop activity about the Hindu cycle of creation, present key topics in an attention-grabbing and accessible manner.
- Inspire and motivate your class with eye-catching interactive illustrations, sequential diagrams and fun games.
- Explain difficult concepts using dynamic demonstrations and student-friendly, step-by-step guides.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
With Boardworks RS, you can easily tailor the resources to the needs of your students. This engaging interactive can be used flexibly as required: to introduce Christian beliefs about marriage, to spark a class discussion, or as part of a revision exercise.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Presentations can be added to and enhanced with your own ideas and resources.
- Exercises and activities can be used flexibly to support your own teaching methods and perfectly fit the abilities of your students.
Additional teaching support
Information-packed additional resources accompany many presentations and complement and enhance lessons in a multitude of ways. Speaker’s notes provide useful tips and ideas for presenting the information on the slides, and often suggest possible ways of extending the activity in order to explore a topic in more detail.
- Detailed contents documents serve as handy reference guides and are great for lesson planning.
- Comprehensive worksheets underpin learning, allow for easy differentiation and enable students to work on a subject independently and at their own pace.
Engaging summary material
Round up your lessons with motivational and wide-ranging summary material. For instance, use this interactive ‘cloze’ plenary and its accompanying worksheet to conclude a lesson on the Buddhist vihara. Whatever your teaching style, Boardworks resources contain everything you need to comprehensively cover a topic from start to finish.
- Innovative review material covers the entire content of the course.
- End-of-topic quizzes, vocabulary reviews and evaluative games help students to master the fundamentals of each unit.
- Extended question slides and source-based plenaries can be used as the foundations for essays and debates, as extension activities, or to facilitate revision.